FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is the XL-2 more expensive?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eriqneedshelp
Why is the XL-2 more expensive?
on Sep 26, 2005 at 4:20:13 am

I have a question about the DVX100a vs. XL2 issue. I know this has already been addressed with the very comprehensive review from dvxuser.com and I'm posting it below for reference.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=27704

Pretty much this article claims the dvx a superior camera to the xl-2 except for that fact that the xl-2 looks more impresive and has a longer lense. Part of this doesn't make sense though.

1. This article came from a DVX user group and the article seems to potentially be full of bias.
2. The XL-2 is $1500 more than the dvx, list price. Why? If the DVX is a better, more professional camera, why the price inflation on the canon? It can't just be for the option to buy more canon lenses. That doesn't justify $1500.

I'm a DVX user personally, but my company is offering me a chance to buy a new camera and I'm thinking about switching to Canon after seeing some footage. I saw some stuff done on a standardly equipped xl1 that could never have been done on a DVX.

I'll be using the camera for commercials, indepedant filmmaking, and educational television. From Canon users, I was hoping to hear why you chose the XL2 over the DVX and why the XL2 is so much more expensive? thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]