FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stuck in the dark

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PAO
Stuck in the dark
by
on Sep 5, 2005 at 4:45:24 am

My XL1 came back from a shoot several weeks ago and had worked fine. When getting it ready to go again, I find that in easy recording mode, the picture looks like it normally does. However, when I change the mode to A, Tv, Av, M or spotlight, the picture is very dark. I thought the ND filter was on, but it's not. If I do turn it on the picture goes black. When changing the iris or shutter speed, the picture goes black in just a few adjustments. My AE shift is on 0 and does not make any difference when adjusted. I tried to adjust the white balance. The camera is trying to WB, but it signals a slow steady flash of frustration. But when I switch to easy recording, the picture comes up normal as always. I can't think of any settings that were used that would cause this...what am I missing here? Thanks in advance for your help. PAO

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: Stuck in the dark
by
on Sep 5, 2005 at 12:52:45 pm

Educated guess:

First, remove any power source form the camera (AC supply or battery).
Then, remove the "Back-Up Battery" CR2025 (about the size of a US quarter).
The holder for this battery is found UNDER the camcorder near the lens (see page 99 of the XL1 manual).
Leave this battery it out of the camera for at least 30 minutes (go to the store and buy a NEW CR2025).

Install the fresh CR2025 battery, connect a power source (AC supply or battery) to the camera and try readjusting the "AE shift".

Please let us know the outcome.

Return to posts index

PAO
Re: Stuck in the dark
by
on Sep 5, 2005 at 1:51:16 pm

Thanks, that took care of the problem! I really appreciate your response.
PAO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]