FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying a Used XL1s vs a New GL2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Guerrero
Buying a Used XL1s vs a New GL2
on Aug 8, 2005 at 5:54:21 am

I'm just putting it out there for comments. Is it worth getting a used Xl1s over a new GL2?

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
Re: Buying a Used XL1s vs a New GL2
on Aug 9, 2005 at 5:30:36 pm

Hi Luis,

You have to consider how much use has the XL1 has had on the heads. I always go new, never old, because you never know if there's anything wrong with it. I heard you should stay with the same DV tapes and never switch. I have a GL2 for two years now and I like it because it's small enough to travel around with. If your leaning towards the XL1, maybe you should wait and same your money and purchase the XL2. It's only my thought.
Good Luck on your decision.

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, Il

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 10, 2005 at 4:37:54 pm

Luis,

I'm with Ralph on this one. I'd go with a new GL2 and pass on the used XL1S. The reason? You're potentially buying someone else's problems. Who knows where those recording heads have been. That's why I don't rent cameras, either.

I sold my XL1S because I didn't like the picture quality and I found the GL2 to be much better. I may have been unlucky and bought a dud of an XL1S but I'm so glad I got rid of it in favour of an XL2.

But you know what......it all depends on what you want to use the camera for. The GL2 has a great picture but it needs lots of light in order to get it. The XL series have better low light capabilities: the XL1S seems to be about a half an F stop better than the GL2 and the XL2 is even better. The best low light MiniDV cams are the Sony VX2100/PD150/PD170 series. It all depends on what you're shooting.

- Don

Return to posts index

Randall Krall
on Jul 29, 2010 at 11:02:36 pm

You can get both used from http://www.onequality.com, so why choose or settle for less? Check it out you may just find what your looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]