FORUMS: list search recent posts

XL-2

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dbo
XL-2
by
on May 25, 2005 at 4:45:47 pm

I have been shopping around to purchase an XL-2 and have found some online stores that have the camera for a significantly lower price ($2,000-2,500) or so. There has to be some sort of catch as to why these companies can sell it for so much cheaper. Can someone explain this to me and if I should stay away from these deals or is it ok to buy. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Newton
Re: XL-2
on Jun 5, 2005 at 4:50:18 am

Hello, sorry to tell you this but you should definitely stay away from these companies. I bought my XL2 in December from
B&H in New York and paid 4299.99 (I think it is now about 4000.00)
When I had finally made up my mind to purchase the camera I did some major research online and found some places that were advertising the XL2 for 3000....32000 and so on...I couldn't believe it. I am a photographer who is making the transition to music video directing so I have already made numerous purchasing from B&H. I knew I could trust them.
I started checking the BBB to see their reports and legitimicy and then I started calling them and asking them point blank how they could offer the XL2... that at that time had only been out for about a month or so... for so much less than B&H/Samys and other places like that. Finally after numerous...numerous calls I got the answer I didn't want to hear.

They were actually opening the box and removing the microphone and eye piece and selling the seperate. Or other ways like that...and then they would kill you on the warranties and what not. I think I remember one place offering a four year warranty for somewhere around 500/600 when I got mine for I think 160.00.

Sorry. I know this was a long answer...hope it helped out for you.
Jeff.

Return to posts index

Manny  Frederick
Re: XL-2 always avoid broadway
on Jun 20, 2005 at 9:44:44 pm

never, ever, ever try and order anything from broadway photo and video. I can't even imagine why they haven't been shut down! They are famous for selling you a camera for way too low of a price. Then a high pressure salesman calls you and tries to sell you a bunch of way over priced accessories. If you don't buy them then they cancel your order on the camera and take 60 days to refund your card so they can gain interest on your money. They are not in the photo or video business they in the money laundering business!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]