FORUMS: list search recent posts

ideas on how to get clearcom( or any communications) to XL1 camera op in Live shoot

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul
ideas on how to get clearcom( or any communications) to XL1 camera op in Live shoot
by
on May 18, 2005 at 7:40:50 pm

Im using an XL1 on this live band shoot and I want to be able to talk to my camera op if possible, how would you guys set this up, this will be at a concert so the lines will be run through people, so it has to be a pretty industrial solution...but not too expensive...

Paul

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: ideas on how to get clearcom( or any communications) to XL1 camera op in Live shoot
on May 18, 2005 at 8:10:36 pm

If you are running a tether to the camera, then run clearcom from the truck with it,
and use a belt-pack for the cam op.

If the camera is free roving, use inexpensive FRS two way radios with headsets.

Return to posts index

Paul
Re: ideas on how to get clearcom( or any communications) to XL1 camera op in Live shoot
by
on May 18, 2005 at 8:13:16 pm

ya, Im just running a BNC/compostie to the camera.....can you suggest a model for the 2 way? can you hear with these during a loud concert? And can you talk hands free?

Paul

Return to posts index

David Jones
on May 18, 2005 at 9:04:19 pm

You can purchase these little FRS radios at places like Best Buy, and some are available with a vox activated mic,
but that might not be great in a concert setting.

Can you not just run Clearcom line along with the composite line from your truck and use a belt pack?

I'm also curious how you are going to feed Genlock to the XL1, Or I guess your not.

You might also have a look at this website, http://www.unitcine.com/sprint

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]