Andrew Petrlak
Canon ZR70 MC Problems
on May 12, 2005 at 1:43:08 am

Camera Specs:

Canon ZR70 MC
2 years old
Moderate but careful use
Regular cleaning

So I was helping a friend film an Economics commercial for class. Then he asks why my camera won't work. I go over and look only to find that everything is black, like i was filming in a black room without lights. The lens wouldnt pick up anything. I adjusted the exposure, focus everything, but to no avail. I then restarted the camera, after doing this a few times it came on, but it was not black anymore. It looked worse. I can vaguely see images, but that's only because I know what the camera is looking at.

You can look here to see what the image looks like >>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Samoan/NOTMYCAMERA.jpg

I think I'll be needing a new camera, but I don't have the money for a 3 chip camera right now.

Thank you,

Andrew

Return to posts index

16:9
Re: Canon ZR70 MC Problems
by
on May 13, 2005 at 4:54:30 pm

Too bad!
You could get an Elura or Optura.
Not 3CCD but definitely great cameras.
I have an Elura80 and I'm pretty happy with it.

16:9

Return to posts index

Derrick
on Jun 19, 2005 at 5:42:52 am

I have the same problem and my zr 70 is only 16 months old and rarely used I was wondering if you had found what went wrong.

Return to posts index

Andrew Petrlak
on Jun 19, 2005 at 12:02:46 pm

Nope, I'm still lost. Not so much lost as to what the problem is, but how it occurred.

Return to posts index

Abi
by
on Jun 29, 2005 at 12:30:30 am

It's the CCD chip, and if you start searching that out on the web, you'll find you're not alone. My zr70 - purchased in the fall of 2003, "blacked out" last month.

If you e-mail canon support, they'll give you a lot of BS troubleshooting (even though they know what the problem is) and then they'll tell you to mail it to California or New Jersey.

I'm in the process of e-mailing them back so they can tell me what they charge for this fix. Someone on another site estimates $240. I paid about $550 for mine, and I sure as hell am not going to put $240 into it when I can buy a new one.

Return to posts index

Abi
by
on Jun 29, 2005 at 5:13:37 pm

FYI - The FLAT RATE to fix ANYTHING on the camera is $145!!!! That doesn't include shipping or tax.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new camera...NOT a CANON!!!

Now I'm off to http://www.planetfeedback.com to write a letter to the Canon corp.

Return to posts index

Andrew Petrlak
on Jun 29, 2005 at 5:50:40 pm

Actually, it's not a problem right now. I was given a DVX100A for a graduation gift. I havnt even graduated yet, still got a year, but I got it anyways. Besides, I had a lot of fun making a vid of my old camera being destroyed.

Return to posts index

hutzelfutz
on Aug 3, 2005 at 7:53:28 pm

Same problem! 19 months old ZR70 with regular use blacked out from one day to another. Let's all e-mail the canon service and get them to fix that!

Return to posts index

Abi
by
on Aug 4, 2005 at 2:03:56 pm

Well, I sent them my camera and a week later they said they were going to fix it - no charge.

Of course, I had to scream and shout and stomp my feet a lot, so I don't know if they'll do it free for everyone.

I haven't gotten it back yet. They said 10 days and I think it's getting close to that now...

Return to posts index

Bodomchild
on Aug 6, 2005 at 12:28:28 pm

Also Have The Same Problem!
Got My Camera 16 Monthes Ago... Wow, I See A Pattern Here...

I Bought It In The U.S.
And Now I Live In Israel,
What Do You Think I Should Do With It?

It's A Strange Problem, Maybe There's Still Hope,
It's Not Completly Black, It Looks Like A Scene From The Movie "The Ring", But, Sometimes On Rare
Occasions, When I Tap The Camera A Bit On The Side, There's Picture! Sometimes, Goes Back To This Smeared
Dark Effect.....

This Is Too Sad... Also Costed Me 550$... :-(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]