FORUMS: list search recent posts

MAC - DL Blu-ray Authoring from ProRes 5.1 / 2.0 Master file Workflow

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shawn convey
MAC - DL Blu-ray Authoring from ProRes 5.1 / 2.0 Master file Workflow
on Jan 17, 2018 at 6:35:25 pm

Hello!

I am a filmmaker and I need the highest possible quality Blu-Ray disc authored using my MacPro (2009 / 10.10.5).
I have a professional master that was delivered to me from my Post House a couple of years back... it is a 125GB ProRes 5.1/2.0 file.
I have a DL Blu-Ray burner installed in my machine and I have checked out a plethora of forums, video tutorial etc... trying to figure out the best workflow for this but I keep in running into hurdles and/or the workflows are for copying discs that have already been authored and need to be remuxed or from non pro source material.

I am most concerned about video quality and universal playback however it would be great to make custom menus as well.
One of the more promising workflows I have found online so far is to ENCODE with Compressor, Make Menus with Encore and then Burn with Toast.
My hurdle with this is I can't figure out how to encode a DL BD with compressor... the default setting is for 24GB file and if possible I would like the quality to be better than that.

Any advice, pointers or links to articles or solutions would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]