FORUMS: list search recent posts

. Problem importing .scc file into dvdsp

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Tejada Flores
. Problem importing .scc file into dvdsp
on Dec 11, 2017 at 8:38:20 pm

When I try to import the .scc file it gives me "incompatible format" message. Its the right frame rate. What else should I check or do?

Rick Tejada-Flores

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: . Problem importing .scc file into dvdsp
on Apr 13, 2018 at 3:44:06 pm

Hi Rick

I've never seen that error message, so I have to guess what might be wrong. I would guess the software you're using to produce the SCC file messed up somehow. I use Annotation Edit from Zeitanker.com, and if this happened to me, I would try a new export. Then I would try exporting the captions track that Annotation Edit produces when the Caption Test is run successfully; it always makes a new copy of the Captions track if there are no overflow errors, and the timecodes on that will be a few frames different, to optimize playback. Often, that Caption Test track works better than the human-produced one.
Finally, I would try re-importing the problem SCC file into Annotation Edit, and then export a fresh SCC from that.

Whenever I receive caption errors from DVDSP, it is on Build, not import of the SCC file, so I'm at a loss what could be the issue you're experiencing.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]