FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring into a file, not a DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heiko Knoll
Authoring into a file, not a DVD
on Nov 23, 2017 at 4:46:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Since DVDs and BluRays are (or will be) becoming increasingly rare, especially for personal use, I was wondering why it is still not possible to be able to create a DVD-style menü that can be implemented into a media player or something else. Like doing a authoring process without burning the file onto the DVD or BluRay medium but rather having an auto-exe file of some sort.

I do know of a company in Japan called "Pegasys" that have created alongside a fine authoring program also a program that does exactly this -- but you need a special "player" app to use it and then it also only runs on a computer.

It would be great if companies started to think about how to invest into the programming of such a tool. A DVD-style Menü is still highly customable to suit personal needs. Just having a list of playable video files on your hard drive or USB-Stick just isn´t that attractive.

any thoughts on this?
or is Adobe maybe already working on this ever since they kicked Encore?

thanks and have a nice day,
Heiko

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: Authoring into a file, not a DVD
on Apr 13, 2018 at 4:20:58 pm

Great minds think alike!
It's quite surprising that no one has done anything in this field, especially as we've had the Internet available to the public for more than 25 years now. I remember many years ago there was a DVD authoring program that could make a mini website as an alternate output, but I think that was Encore, so naturally Adobe added it to the dustbin of especially useful software which has been killed over the years (Fireworks, ThinkTank, HyperCard, …).

You would just have to create a website without easy tools, I guess.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]