FORUMS: list search recent posts

video goes increasingly out of sync

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Wernli
video goes increasingly out of sync
on Oct 15, 2017 at 5:37:01 pm

I'm having a weird problem authoring a DVD. I've made hundreds of DVD's, and this has never happened before. When I finished editing the MPEG file, it looked perfect (on the editor display and when viewed by an MPEG player), but when I imported it into my DVD authoring program (DVD-lab Studio) and compiled it, the result was total garbage. The audio is fine, but the video plays too slowly. In some sections the video pauses briefly every few seconds, causing the out-of-sync problem to grow progressively worse, while other sections play smoothly but remain out of sync. When I checked the frame rate of the imported MPEG and compared it to the compiled VOB file, they were the same (29.97 fps). Apparently something went wrong during the demuxing/remuxing process, but I can't figure out why. Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: video goes increasingly out of sync
on Apr 13, 2018 at 4:24:21 pm

Rick, I haven't experienced quite that problem, at least none that made the video pause and play irregularly. The only issue I've had with sync loss—and that was smoothly progressive increase in lag—was due to issues with drop frame vs non-drop frame confusion in encoding.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]