FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with Play All in DVDSP 4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Tejada Flores
Trouble with Play All in DVDSP 4
on Aug 6, 2017 at 11:38:40 pm

After many years of doing very simple DVDs, I did one using stories. It is one track, with three story markers. They work fine, but, I also wanted a Play All button, which I normally do by targeting either the Track or the first Chapter marker on it. Now, a regular Play All Button doesn't work. It just goes black and jumps back to the menu.

I've read about PLAY ALL scripts and watched tutorials, but they seem to involve material that is on separate tracks. Am I going to have to do a script to get it to play the entire track, or is there something else I can do?

The tutorials all use the graphical menu view, which I've never had to do with simpler DVDs.

Thanks,
Rick Tejada-Flores

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: Trouble with Play All in DVDSP 4
on Aug 7, 2017 at 6:04:24 am

Just target the track with the play-all button

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Rick Tejada Flores
on Aug 7, 2017 at 5:21:22 pm

That was the way it was set up. Then, I added the stories to play sections of the track, and at that point, the Play all button stopped working, so I wonder if the two things are connected. By the way, on the stories menu, before the three stories I created it put another marker which seems to correspond with the beginning of track. Do you think if I eliminated that one it would work?

Thanks,

Rick Tejada-Flores

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Aug 7, 2017 at 10:03:47 pm

How did you add the stories? Look up on "stories"in the manual, that may be where your problem is. Check out all your buttons in the little used but critical Connections tab.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Aug 9, 2017 at 6:52:47 pm

Rick,

I can't fully picture what you mean that it put another marker before your three stories.

You have one track with all 3 clips in it, one after the other.
Chapter 1 is first clip, Chapter 2 is second clip, Chapter 3 is third clip.

Your menu would have 4 buttons. "One" targets story 1 (which is just playing chapter 1), etc. Each Story just plays one of the Chapters. And fourth button "Play All" targets the Track containing all the clips.

As long as you set the End Jump of each Story to "Same as Track", all 4 playbacks (each of the 3 clips, and Play All) will all do the same thing at the end, which is to return to the Menu. If you want to highlight a specific button on the Menu upon that return to menu, then the End Jump would go to a script to figure out which button to highlight. (In that case, of course, you'd have to make the Menu buttons go to a script first to capture what button was pressed, before they go to playback the Story or Track.)

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Aug 10, 2017 at 10:01:50 am

Again, check all your authoring in the Connections Tab, that is where you will fix your problem.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]