FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to create on screen Play, Pausa and Next buttons on DVDSP or Adobe Encore?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flavio Stiavetti
Is there a way to create on screen Play, Pausa and Next buttons on DVDSP or Adobe Encore?
on May 8, 2017 at 4:06:59 pm

So, I was asked by a client to have playback controls buttons in the menus itself (they just want to have it this way, I already suggested something else),

like this,

Is there a way to do it? to set the target of a button to Play/Pause the video being played from the menus itself?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: Is there a way to create on screen Play, Pausa and Next buttons on DVDSP or Adobe Encore?
on May 8, 2017 at 9:41:20 pm

? what do you mean, buttons showing during the track? In DVDSP you can do what you want from the menu, unless you play the whole track as a menu.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Flavio Stiavetti
Re: Is there a way to create on screen Play, Pausa and Next buttons on DVDSP or Adobe Encore?
on May 8, 2017 at 10:02:43 pm

The client wants the buttons in the menu to act as navigation for the video (yes the hole track would be a menu I guess?).

So when the user hits pause it would pause the video showing in the window like the picture.

I would have to set the target of the button to... what? a script?

I know if technically possible cause his old provider was doing it, but it seems very strange....

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Aug 2, 2017 at 10:33:23 pm

So while the viewer is watching the video, their screen would still appear as you've shown it (i.e. like a menu)?

If so, I think you could figure out a way to script the buttons to do that. They wouldn't be able to play the video at various speeds (visual rewind or fast forward), but they could click a button to start the video from the beginning.

If the video was a menu, there would be problems. You can only script going to the start and the loop point of a menu, and you can't pause a menu. You can't put chapters markers in a menu. So, no, you'd have to do this as a regular video track, with the subtitles track acting as your buttons. Then you could freeze the video (e.g. at the start) until they push play, by creating the first chapter of video as a freeze frame and programing a stop at the end of that first chapter. They would push play, and jump to chapter 2 and go from there.

I haven't used buttons in a subtitle track, but I know it's supposed to work, although I'm not sure if you can have multiple buttons simultaneously in the subtitle track.

Also, you can't do this with Adobe Encore, because they never finished the software, so it doesn't have scripting. You'd have to use DVD Studio Pro.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]