FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jerky Video when burning to Blu-ray

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Woods
Jerky Video when burning to Blu-ray
on Apr 22, 2017 at 5:13:26 pm

Hello, I'm getting jerky video when burning to a blu-ray (BD-R). I'm using a program called Leawo Blu-Ray Creator (1.2.0) and I have a MAC Pro and using a Pioneer blu-ray burner that I just purchased. The video that I'm burner is HD and at 1920x1080 and an Apple Prores file QT movie file. There isn't much settings to change on the program so not sure where to look. Has anyone had this problem before? Not sure if it is a frame rate issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. - Chris

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Jerky Video when burning to Blu-ray
on Apr 27, 2017 at 2:21:56 pm

Hi Chris,

Not familiar with Leawo software and not a Mac user, but some additional general info will be helpful in resolving the issue. What frame rate is the ProRes file? The Blu-ray spec only supports a few options, such as 1080i or 1080p 23.976. Others like 1080p30 and 1080p60 are not supported.

Regardless of what frame rate your source clip is, the authoring software is going to have to transcode that to a Blu-ray-legal H.264 or MPEG-2 file. If you know what formats the Leawo software will accept, maybe create a Blu-ray ready file first before it gets to Leawo?

For instance, with Adobe Encore, if you create the proper assets with Media Encoder, Encore does NOT need to transcode them when creating the disc, so no changes taking place in the video file. Encore prefers separate video and audio, meaning .m4v and .wav files. No idea what Leawo accepts.

Next, how are you viewing the completed disc to know it is jerky? I would not recommend using a software player on the computer as that can have its own issues. Try the disc in an actual set-top Blu-ray player connected to an HD display, not a computer monitor.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Robert Buttermilch
Re: Jerky Video when burning to Blu-ray
on Jul 18, 2017 at 6:55:10 pm

I have this problem too. The imelfin software is converting your frame rate to 23.98 during the encode and burn process, I know because my Samsung television tells me what frame rate it is when I start the blu-ray, however it incorrectly lists it as Hz. If you're like me, you probably shot something on your iPhone at 1920x1080, but at the Apple default of 29.97. From what I gather, the imelfin software is trying to pull the 29.97 to 23.98 which you cannot do, and that causes the stuttering / banding effect. So far I've found no way to stop the program from doing that. I have a terse email out to them about this, and have yet to hear back from them. I encourage you to send one as well, and if you don't get a response, let them know in a review that their advertisement of how they" burn any HD, 3D and any video or audio to Blu-ray discs" is simply not true and false advertising. Unless you shoot with an HD Camera that shoots 23.98, I'd avoid this software all together.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]