FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dvd audio quality

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
teddy gregg
Dvd audio quality
on Nov 16, 2016 at 10:09:01 am

Hi everyone. I hope you are keeping well.
I have been converting a few mkv & mp4 video files to DVD recently. I have noticed when playing the burned DVD’s on my DVD player that the sound is slightly mumbled/hard to make out sometimes when people are talking. I have bought a good quality soundbar with (clear voice) on it but this makes little difference. I have tried adjusting the tv audio setting also but because my original DVD’s are of perfect visual/audio quality when being played I’m guessing this is not the issue.

I have spent a long time researching this topic and to be quite honest, i find the whole business of digital audio way beyond my understanding. So, I thought I would seek help from a few intelligent audio experts. Despite my research I seem to have more questions than answers.

I tried converting the same video file with different audio formats to see if made a difference to the final output. I thought ac3 video would result in better output when being played on dvd than aac audio. This made no difference although maybe I’m going about it wrong.

So I guess my questions I would like help with are:
1. Does the DVD conversion/authoring software make a big difference? At the minute I am using ConvertXtoDVD 4.1.19.365 but am thinking of buying the latest version of wondershare video converter. Would this make a difference or am I wasting my money?
2. Would a video with ac3 audio and a video with aac audio give different results in quality when converting?

Thank you so much for your help people. This place is great. Being able to seek help from people with such a vast wealth of knowledge, for free, is outstanding. The internet is a wonderful place.
Thanks again, Teddy.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Dvd audio quality
on Nov 16, 2016 at 8:00:01 pm

Hi Teddy,

Most of the contributors on these forums are video professionals and therefore are not using/familiar with the programs/workflows you mentioned. As .mkv files are very highly compressed, most likely some quality is being lost in the conversion process to DVD.

You'll have a much better chance at finding a resolution over here, lots of users with similar interests - http://forum.videohelp.com/

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]