FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roxio Toast/"auto run" Mac question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie Schneider
Roxio Toast/"auto run" Mac question
on Oct 12, 2016 at 3:20:26 am

I have created a DVD with a HTML menu system that opens up various video and audio files. The issue is that I need opening that HTML menu apparent to the average user. On Windows I got an autorun.inf working, but for mac I'm not sure what the best route is to go.

The only thing I've really found so far is Roxio Toast. My question is that, for someone that owns Roxio Toast (version I'm looking at is 14), does the feature where you can make the disk automatically open a folder when inserted still work? I believe if I can get something like that to work, it should be intuitive enough to get the user to click on the clearly marked menu.

Running Premiere Pro CC 2015.2/3 (or CS6 if i say so)
On windows 10 with:
i7 2600k at 3.4 GHZ
GTX 980
16gb 1333mhz ddr3
in a case
with a mouse and keyboard.

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: Roxio Toast/"auto run" Mac question
on Oct 13, 2016 at 7:27:06 am

Hey, that's not how DVDs work, you need to compete it all in DVDSP to make a compliant disc.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Natalie Schneider
on Oct 15, 2016 at 1:19:33 am

I am not creating a DVD for a DVD player, so DVD studio is not the solution, it is for use with computers.

My client wanted to include PDF files on a menu with the videos, and creating a menu in HTML was the best way to do it. The issue is now that they want the disk to auto run, which I've explained is not possible on modern operating systems. I have a solution on Windows, where clicking the disk opens the menu, but I need one for Mac.

Running Premiere Pro CC 2015.2/3 (or CS6 if i say so)
On windows 10 with:
i7 2600k at 3.4 GHZ
GTX 980
16gb 1333mhz ddr3
in a case
with a mouse and keyboard.

Return to posts index

Chris Sebes
on Oct 20, 2016 at 5:34:22 pm

I don't think it's possible to have an application auto-launch on the Mac. Last year, I was working on an app that ran off a thumb drive. Windows allowed for autorun to work if it had previously turned on in Windows by the user. The Mac didn't have anything like that. This is all part of the security settings that are set to not run executables by default. I think the best I could do was have the window with the app open, suggesting that the user click on it to get things going. You'll have to explain this to your client again. It's out of your control.

Chris Sebes
Senior Video Editor
http://www.MediaMixStudios.com

Chris Sebes
Senior Video Editor
http://www.MediaMixStudios.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]