FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best method to burn a feature film to Blu Rays for distribution? Or should I stick with DVDs?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jade Whitmire
Best method to burn a feature film to Blu Rays for distribution? Or should I stick with DVDs?
on Sep 6, 2016 at 5:41:44 pm

Hi everyone! I’m working on finishing up a feature film in the coming months and am going to be distributing it myself, via digital platforms as well as physical media. My concern is with physical media, and what options would be best. I originally thought that DVD’s would be ideal, because they are a bit more cost-effective, but after thinking about it for a while I’m leaning more towards Blu Rays. I just picked up Toast 12 for the Mac, but the menus that come with the software are horribly basic and there doesn’t seem to be much room for customization (like that of something that could be made with DVD Studio Pro, for example). I’d love to hear some input about what you think would be the best way to go about creating more customized menu Blu Ray discs (with possible extra menus and extra video content)… or if I should just stick with DVD Studio Pro and the DVD route. ANY feedback with this is extremely helpful and massively appreciated! Thank you!
~ JW

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Best method to burn a feature film to Blu Rays for distribution? Or should I stick with DVDs?
on Sep 9, 2016 at 4:52:01 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Sep 9, 2016 at 4:53:29 am

its not so much the disc type as the expensive encoder. dvd's with low end encoders look like VHS. blu-ray can be ugly too.
make'em nice. hey, even harry potter is on dvd. that being said, the old adage, follow the money, what sells more? and profit margin too. I think I saw star wars force awakens for like $30!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]