FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD is black and white but supposed to be color

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
DVD is black and white but supposed to be color
on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:13:24 pm

Before I start explaining what happened I have no idea how this is possible.

I made a disk image of my DVD from Encore. It's original disk image when played on my mac and a pc is in color like it's supposed to be. I sent the disk image to a DVD duplication business who made 50 copies. I test a majority of them at home before I sold the DVD. My cousin recently bought my film and said "He loved how it was in black and white" Well it's not in black and white, at least not supposed to be. I first had him double check he didn't have any settings wrong and he says he doesn't. He said when he watches TV it's in color so his LCD display isn't in black and white either. He has a blue ray player and my film is burned originally for DVD 16:9 ratio widescreen. Upon hearing it was in black and white I grabbed the last few copies I have left at home and they are all in color. So can someone explain to me why his version was in black and white? He must have something set wrong but I don't know what. I've never heard of a blue ray player or a DVD player having a color option before. I don't think he could of changed it to play in black and white.

Bryce

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: DVD is black and white but supposed to be color
on Jun 28, 2016 at 2:18:38 pm

Hi Bryce,

Chances are that he connected the DVD player to the TV using an RCA cable (yuck!) and plugged it into the GREEN jack for the COMPONENT output, which actually requires 3 cables to work properly - Green, Red, Blue. By connecting ONLY the green jack, that is the LUMINANCE part of the signal (the black and white, or brightness portion of signal only).

A single RCA "composite" cable would be connected to the YELLOW jack normally.

Maybe did connect to yellow jack on DVD player, but Green component jack on TV, I don't know, but pretty confident it is something simple like that.

If ALL the other DVDs output color, absolutely has to be a connection problem on his end.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]