FORUMS: list search recent posts

BLuray motion menu with video. What am i doing wrong

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram Van Workum
BLuray motion menu with video. What am i doing wrong
on Jun 17, 2016 at 9:35:43 pm

Hi,

I made 2 .PSD files for a BluRay menu. 1 being the main menu and the second the Chapters menu. Both should have a piece of video play and show the buttons at the same time. The .PSD files are interfering somehow. I added the videos to each PSD file and yet nothing happens on Render preview. If i shut off the video layer the preview in Encore is just the menu and a blakc (non-alpha) area where the video was.

If I pick-whip the needed videos then nothing happens on render....

Whats going wrong?

In the PSD files the video is the bottom layer and the menu is a layer that partly covers the video. i did this so i could reposition the shot i had...

soooo how do i get the video in the PSD to show up in Encore renderpreview? I want to see if it works or not and right now i got nothing unfortunatly

Return to posts index

reko tomo
Re: BLuray motion menu with video. What am i doing wrong
on Jun 19, 2016 at 4:24:26 am

Hi... this is my beginning to use Encore too.
Since I saw there hasn't any reply for you, I want to try to share my knowledge with you.

I do this :
In Photoshop. create a PSD file with layer/s as the button/s then save it.

Within Encore Project,
Import (As menu) that PSD I made
Import my motion menu video
Click the Menu (the PSD) in the Project
From the Menu properties panel, click the Motion tab
Link it to the video/audio motion menu you just imported

Within the Menu Monitor,
right click and choose "Preview from here"

A. IF your motion menu video is not transcoded yet to a compliant DVD/BD video :
The preview of your motion menu will be black all the time, except within the Preview Monitor you click the icon on the lower left of the Preview Monitor to render it. If you move your cursor to the icon it will show "render current motion menu".

B. IF your video is already transcoded to a compliant DVD/BD video :
AND IF one of the layer of your Menu (PSD) file has the "eye" ON, then it will be the same like point A above.
So... although you already have your compliant video ("don't transcode" is showing in the Project), Encore will RErender your motion menu if any of the layer in your Menu is ON.

Once you turn OFF the "eye" icon, you don't need to re-render your motion menu. Consequently, you can't see your "normal" button state, but you still can see the "highlight" (and/or "selected") button state.

My solution for not to re-render the motion menu compliant DVD/BD video is that I put the "normal" button state when I export to DVD/BD compliant video within Premiere. So within Encore, I can just turn off the "eye" icon without loosing the "normal" button state. Encore take a long time to render the motion menu (even if it's already a compliant DVD/BD video) if the "eye" icon is ON. 30 seconds motion menu took almost 4 minutes to re-render it. While within Premiere, it only took me around 50 seconds. Also I think because Encore re-render my already compliant motion menu video, the quality will be degraded a little bit.

I'm sorry if this is not helping you.
I'm sorry also for my broken English.

regards.

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Jun 19, 2016 at 7:42:39 pm

Wel its definetly the .psd file because when i remove the cached version from the source folder and Encore gives me a generic placeholder menu it actually renders and plays the video

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Jun 20, 2016 at 8:04:00 am

I made the menu all over again and this time just as an image, no timeline in the .PSD file. Then i added the video via the motion menu in Encore and its working now

Return to posts index

reko tomo
on Jun 21, 2016 at 2:42:25 pm

I made the menu all over again and this time just as an image, no timeline in the .PSD file. Then i added the video via the motion menu in Encore and its working now

That's what I do and wrote in my post above.
As long as I know, to make the motion menu - you link the Menu directly to the asset, so there is no timeline :).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]