FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-SP: Unable to see navigation of buttons because the "Select" color doesn't change when selected

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Ramus
DVD-SP: Unable to see navigation of buttons because the "Select" color doesn't change when selected
on Jun 11, 2016 at 3:14:33 pm
Last Edited By Jim Ramus on Jun 15, 2016 at 12:23:55 am

SOLVED! Basically I thought the button I created (by just dragging cursor on menu) and then moving that over my image or text, was all I needed to navigate but it requires making an overlay also which gets more complicated than needed. All I had to do was export my image as a psd file and then imort to shapes palette. Then I chose rectangular shapes to place over my text.

Using DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1 on iMac OS 10.6.8 (using old OS for FCP 6.0.6).
I have two DVD players for my TV, a Sony DVP-NS57P and GE GE1105P.

UPDATE 6/1/4/16:
When I use my DVD in my DVD payer or DVDSP Simulate mode with the remote control style buttons on it, when I navigate up, down, left or right, none of the links change color, so there's no way of knowing when I'm on a link (9 on one page) and want to select and press Enter.

So, it appears I am able to navigate to those buttons, I just couldn't see that because the "Selected" colors I set for them are not working at all. I have all the Selection State colors set for Normal, Selected and Activated. Opacity set to 8 in middle. I obviously need to be able to see if the button is selected as I'm navigating. Why is this not working?

I've hunted throughout the manual, google, YouTube and can't find the answer to this problem. Posted to Apple discussions and no help there at all either for some strange reason.

ORIGINAL POST:
For the video I created, I have two buttons on main menu 1, "Play", and "Chapters" which goes to menu 2 with my 7 chapters links. This all works perfect in DVDSP Simulate mode by clicking those buttons but I can't click those menu 1 buttons with either of my DVD player remotes when viewing on TV. Usually movies have a menu with buttons like Play, Scenes, etc that I can navigate to with my remote.

The remotes work fine, I can use it's buttons to go to next or previous chapter while video is playing, and the Sony has an odd menu to access chapters page but it's clumsy and shouldn't be needed. I just want someone to be able to navigate my menu 1 page and select Chapters link. Not too concerned about Play button since someone can click play on remote.

So, I apparently need to change some DVDSP setting. What am I missing here? Googled all this and tried DVDSP manual but no luck.

Thanks much.
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]