FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Recovery from DVDirect DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Schelhas
DVD Recovery from DVDirect DVD
on May 18, 2016 at 9:38:12 pm

Ok, here is my situation. Has me real angry and pissed.... I was taping a School Music Program for work and while I was shutting down, the Lighting person, one of the teachers, unplugged my power. I was using a Sony DVDirect to record and now the disc can not be finalized. One thing that I learned a long time ago is that With DVDirect, YOU MUST FINALIZE before you remove the DVD or power off the unit. In my case, the DVD Recorder was powered off while it was stopping.

I am sure it has been done before. I need to retrieve the video from the UNFINALIZED DVD. I look at it and I can see the recorded tracks on the disc. I tried putting the DVD into another SONY DVD Recorder and it won't recognize it. It isn't recognized on my Macbook Pro and says that it is empty.

DONT SUGGEST PROGRAMS THAT WORK ON PC. I am not using a PC. It seems every thread I read directs people to PC programs, even when they are asking for MAC Solutions. I have Toast Titanium and Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. If I can only get the video files off the disc, I can certainly re-author them. Thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

Return to posts index

William Schelhas
Re: DVD Recovery from DVDirect DVD
on May 19, 2016 at 5:15:06 pm

OK, I pulled out my old PC and have done a FREE download of ISOBuster. I don't know if this will work. It recognized the DVD and I started a scan for lost files. It is sitting at 16% and has been there for about 10 minutes. I have another show to record in about an hour. I guess I will just leave it and pray that it works.

Return to posts index

William Schelhas
Re: DVD Recovery from DVDirect DVD
on May 20, 2016 at 6:21:16 pm

Another Update. I started a scan of the DVD yesterday, using ISOBuster on an old PC. It took over 24 hours and didn't get past 17%. Now, about 2 hours later, I look over and it seems to be flying. It is now at 51%. This might show some promise. Fingers are crossed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]