FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Autoplay

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Gerlach
DVD Autoplay
on May 10, 2016 at 2:17:05 pm

I have a client who is requesting that his DVDs be able to autoplay whenever they are inserted into a DVD drive on a PC or a MAC. In other words, when the DVD is inserted into either a PC or a MAC DVD drive, a program automatically opens up to show the main menu. Is that possible and if so, how is that kind of DVD authored?

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: DVD Autoplay
on May 10, 2016 at 3:52:44 pm

This actually has nothing to do with the DVD itself, but is a function of the computer's operating system and how it is set up, and can even further be broken down into each individual version of the OS.

Just search for 'DVD' 'autoplay' and you'll find scads of instructionals on how to set it up for each version of each OS. But here's the thing - you can't do this on every computer that your DVD is plugged into.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Douglas Gerlach
on May 10, 2016 at 4:08:32 pm

That's what I thought. I'm wondering if my client was referring to a data DVD that contained a video file and a self-contained player that is activated by a an autorun.inf file. But I would imagine there would be all sorts of problems with the compatibility with other op systems.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 10, 2016 at 4:22:28 pm

Quite possible, and you are correct, that sort of behavior on a computer is hardly allowed in a corporate sense these days.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]