FORUMS: list search recent posts

INNOBITS BITVICE mpeg-2 encoder

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Römmig
INNOBITS BITVICE mpeg-2 encoder
on Mar 2, 2016 at 11:00:18 am

Hello!

I`m working on the encoding of a documentary that i shot last year.
While researching for an alternative to compressor i read about the bitvice mpeg-2 encoder by innobits. I downloaded the free version and i`m pretty pleased with the results of some tests that i run. Only problem: The files for my final movie will be too big to fit on a dvd. So i need to compress more, which actually isn`t possible with the free version because it leads to watermarks. So i really wanted to get my hands on the full version. I searched the whole internet for days just to learn that it is nearly impossible to get this little piece of software.

So if there`s ANYONE out there who could help me out, i really would appreciate it A LOT!!!
I`d be so glad to receive e an Email at: mail@jroemmig.de

Many thanks in advance!

Jonas

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: INNOBITS BITVICE mpeg-2 encoder
on Mar 3, 2016 at 3:03:27 pm

Hi Jonas,

It looks like Innobits has suspended sales and development of the software unfortunately from what I can tell

http://www.innobits.se/whats-going-on-21172276.html

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jonas Römmig
on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:48:43 am

Thanks Jeff.

it seems so. There is not one app which can keep up with the simplicity in handling combined with the satisfying results of innobits mpeg encoder...
... or am I wrong?

Thanks again.

Best,

Jonas

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 30, 2016 at 9:36:19 pm

No Jonas, you are not wrong,BitVice is the greatest!

I rely totally on it for encoding for my DVD's, although of course most other people us the Adobe software, to Titanium Toast.

I have a telephone number for the main man at Innobits, I'll try and find out what's happening. The last time I spoke to him he sounded rather vague about the whole thing. One of the factors in my not wanting to go to the latest OS for my MacPro was that in all probability BitVice wouldn't run on it. I don't know how long I can carry on in this way but I'll try.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jonas Römmig
on Apr 3, 2016 at 2:04:46 pm

Hi Michael!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I really would like to hear about what`s happening at innobits, so if hear any news from them, i t would be great if you could let us know!

Many thanks & best regards,

Jonas

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 5, 2016 at 11:03:00 am

OK Jonas, I spoke to Roger Andersson the owner and guru at Innobits, the creator of BitVice.

Unfortunately things are much as we all suspected, he has gone back to the day job so that he can eat! He has not developed BitVice any further and does not know whether it would run OK with the latest OS (El Capitain). He sees no reason why it shouldn't so maybe someone could try. Personally, I think that there is every reason why it won't, these new OS "improvements" never seem to improve anything, quite the contrary.

So there we have it. I'm sticking with OS Mountain Lion where everything I use still works but then I'm very old and not looking that far ahead!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jonas Römmig
on Apr 6, 2016 at 12:38:38 pm

That`s bad news! What a pity. Anyway, thanks for keeping me informed!

Best,

Jonas

Return to posts index

Jonas Römmig
on May 9, 2016 at 10:16:10 am

Hello Michael!

As i`m still stuck on the same problem of finding a proper way to convert video files to mpeg-2 i was wondering if you could somehow help me out with getting my hands on the non-free version of INNOBITS BITVICE encoder? I got an old iMac which runs on snow leopard so i won`t have the problem of system incompatibility...
You would help me a lot with this!

Many thanks, best regards!

Jonas

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on May 9, 2016 at 5:28:45 pm

Jonas, sorry, I see no way that I could help you. I'm not a 'techy', merely a film maker, and rely on support people to deal with my software. You have as much chance of getting stuff as they would. Have you tried to get whatever version is available from Innobits? What OS are you running, I suspect 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion?) would be the last one for BitVice.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jonas Römmig
on May 9, 2016 at 5:34:29 pm

Well, I really would like to purchase ANY version (that is not the free version) from Innobits Mpeg encoder, but i don`t know how and where! That`s basically my problem.

Best,

Jons

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on May 10, 2016 at 10:39:32 am

Jonas, I have tried telephoning the owner of Innobits but am getting no reply, I will try again. Meanwhile, have you tried buying whatever version is available from the Innobits site?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 16, 2016 at 1:34:25 pm

Hi Jonas,

I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know what else might be out there. On the PC, I use the free HC Encoder and that does a great job for MPEG-2 DVD encoding.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Jun 23, 2016 at 5:28:07 am

Will your movie fit on a double-layer single sided DVD?

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]