Wedding film

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Carlin
Wedding film
on Feb 2, 2016 at 11:32:44 am

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

When finishing off a wedding film for a client, we usually provide a DVD as well as a USB stick with the film on.

I don't really want to supply anything in SD so trying to find another way that they can play the film in HD on their TV. The USB is the option here, but what if they only have a DVD player and not a USB port on the TV?

what would you provide? I don't think the file will play on a DVD if you just burn the file direct to the DVD will it?

Russ

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Wedding film
on Feb 2, 2016 at 12:42:19 pm

They have a DVD player, and no one thought to give then a Blu-ray player as a wedding gift? Sheesh...

But...you're correct, the file will not play from a DVD on a DVD player. With the setup that you currently describe, there will be no way to view the video in HD on the TV.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Feb 2, 2016 at 1:06:45 pm

Hahaha i know, the cheek of their guests!

So the only thing i can do is really just give them the DVD (and it'll be SD but they should be aware of that) and if they want to view it in HD will just have to watch it on a computer using the USB stick, or watch it on a TV with a USB port?

Am i right in thinking the MP4 will play through USB on the TV?

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Feb 2, 2016 at 1:19:41 pm

That depends on the specific TV model. If it supports MP4 playback, then you're good.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Feb 2, 2016 at 1:28:15 pm

Would you suggest any other types of file? I've heard of DIVX and Mpeg-2..... are these more commonly supported?

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Feb 2, 2016 at 1:58:56 pm

I would imagine most recent TV iterations will handle MP4, some older ones may have accepted DIVX and MPEG-2, and I'd have no idea whatsoever about the UK. My advice would be to ask for the TV model number, and provide exactly what they need.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]