FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect Problem Black Flashes At Random Points

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
DVD Architect Problem Black Flashes At Random Points
on Jan 30, 2016 at 3:36:53 am

Hey guys, I have a very irritating problem with Sony DVD Architect 6..

I have burned a DVD disk with menus that contains .mpg and .mp4 files they are all standard definition
I briefly looked through the finished DVD and all the videos work perfectly except there is ONE that has black frames that flash at random times, It actually makes zero sense why it is doing this, this is my reasoning

I captured raw footage from a old Tape I had and put them into Vegas, I edited them and rendered them both the exact same frame rate and frame size, one of the videos that was rendered the same exact way with the Vegas plays 100% flawlessly, there are no black frame flashes, yet the 2nd one wasn't so lucky, I noticed just around the middle it had random black flashes all over the place there seems to be no rhyme or reason to where they appear either.. Well sort of, I noticed they only came up when it was a Super night shot scene, that is a really choppy and slow effect, so maybe it has something to do with that? anyway all the rest of the video that has this problem doesn't have even one flicker of a black flash on all other scenes, it is only on the Super night shot part, but even so there is awhile when it is super night shot and there is no flickering...

I also noticed at the beginning of another file I rendered the same way in Vegas was flawless EXCEPT for the title card of text at the start, for some reason it was just flickering black flashs (like empty black screen) not super fast but maybe every second, but then when the video started it was fine all the way through?

So in conclusion, it seems like DVD Architect is picking and choosing where these black flickers happen, and to me it makes no sense because like I said all the videos were captured and rendered the exact same way

By the way the DVD's are Verbatim, 16X, I burnt it at 6X the speed

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
Re: DVD Architect Problem Black Flashes At Random Points
on Jan 30, 2016 at 3:42:47 am

I just checked the timeline in DVD Architect for the video that was giving me the problem with the flickers, and sure enough it shows on the timeline and when I zoom up and check it out it is indeed a black frame, so It is not a problem with the burning process it is the file... That still doesn't make sense since the other videos were captured and rendered the same way and they don't have problems

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 30, 2016 at 3:50:57 am

I just found out how to make the black flashes go away...

All I did was compress it again as a mp4 through handbrake and put it back into Architect and this time the black flashes went away....

So A MP4 rendered through Vegas won't work
Yet if I compress it through handbrake it will work?

I really do not want to go through all my hundreds of videos and have to re-compress them through handbrake to do this, could someone please tell me if there is anything else I can do to fix this annoying problem? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 30, 2016 at 4:06:52 am

Okay this is very very strange... in summary

Raw footage > put into Vegas > rendered the exact same way > One video has black flashes at the start where the text is shown, the rest of the video is perfect no black flashes, the other video has random black flashes during the super night shot parts..

Now when I compressed the one that had flickering during the titles through handbrake, I put it into Architect and it WAS FLAWLESS, the flickering was gone at the titles as well as the whole video

When I put the 2nd one through handbrake guess what? The black flashes are STILL there in Architect except THIS time they are in different areas!?

It's stuff like this that really grinds my gears, stuff that makes no sense

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]