FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD needs to be read on a consumer DVD player?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
collin leslie
AVCHD needs to be read on a consumer DVD player?
on Oct 13, 2015 at 11:17:14 pm

Layman's terms and straightforward steps would be much appreciated.

I have to submit a film to someone and these are my instructions:

"Please ensure that the DVD submitted is an Authored DVD playable on a consumer (non-professional) DVD player. We will not accept data DVD's (no quicktime files (Movs), Mp4s, H264s)."

Here is my problem:

My footage is AVCHD edited through Final Cut. What program/software do I use to make my film playable on a consumer DVD player.

Thanks in advance : )

Return to posts index

collin leslie
Re: AVCHD needs to be read on a consumer DVD player?
on Oct 14, 2015 at 2:57:03 am

BTW I am using a Macbook Pro. Thanks

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: AVCHD needs to be read on a consumer DVD player?
on Oct 16, 2015 at 3:07:23 pm

The format that is HAS to be in to make a playable DVD is MPEG-2 for the video, normally ac3 (dolby digital) for audio. So you need to convert your AVCHD footage and then use DVD authoring software to make the DVD. If you have Final Cut, you may also have Compressor. That is Apple's conversion software. Their DVD authoring software is DVD Studio Pro. Both Compressor and DVD Studio Pro used to be included with the Final Cut Suite, but if you are using Final Cut X, then those have to be bought separately I believe. There is also conversion software available from Sorenson Media (Squeeze) and others. DVD authoring software is getting harder to find, though. Maybe you have iDVD on your MacBook?

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]