FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect 6.0 reduces file size on importing video - video quality suffers greatly

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Paganis
DVD Architect 6.0 reduces file size on importing video - video quality suffers greatly
on Oct 7, 2015 at 9:07:01 pm

Hello

I'm having final quality issues with DVD-A 6.0
I'm importing a video that is 7.26GB and after importing DVD-A tells me that I've only used 2.6GB (about 54%) of the disc size. I have burned a test copy and by looking at the disc only half is burned.
Problem is that the quality of the video is suffering. When I open the file with Windows Media Player it is crystal clear. With DVD-A it's far from clear.
In the past I've imported videos and DVD-A has told me that I'm over disc capacity and it compresses the video down to fit the disc. When I used to import a video DVD-A was basically correct about the file size and overall disc usage. Now it's way off.
I've tried with one mpeg2 file that includes both video and audio. I've tried using 2 files, 1 mpeg2 without audio and the separate ac3 audio file. I've tried AVI's, mpeg1's, mpeg4, WMV's, and all kind of other formats. It still messes up the file size and the final video quality stinks.
I render from Vegas 12 and I've tried the highest quality settings and lower quality settings for rendering. I've rendered at 720x480, 1920x1080, 1440x1080, they all play perfectly with WMP but when importing into DVD-A the quality stinks. Also DVD-A always tells me that the imported file size is WAY smaller than it actually is. This is bothering me like crazy! If I import a 3GB file it says 1 point something. A 5GB file says around 2GB. What is going on here !?
When I import a 7GB file it should say I am way over capacity, but it doesn't.
Any idea what's happening? Thanks for all your help and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]