FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect Playback Issue on Single Title

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Mason
DVD Architect Playback Issue on Single Title
on Sep 14, 2015 at 10:42:01 pm

Hello,

I authored a DL disc in DVDA 5.2; all titles, menus, etc. work flawlessly, with the exception of one title. For whatever reason I only have this issue with one player which is about 5 years old and fairly high-end as players go (part of home theater system.

I am puzzled as to why this one title is causing the player to freeze when all the others play fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: DVD Architect Playback Issue on Single Title
on Sep 16, 2015 at 6:12:47 pm

Hi Steve,
I´m not an DVDArchitect-user, but DVD-9 in general has several problems with standalone-players, so there´s nearly no doubt that it´s a DVD-/+R-media-problem.

I have seen many problems on several players especially with the layerbreak-position and the content that comes afterwards (meaning which lays on layer1).

1. layerbreak-position
if you did not create a dedicated disc-image before burning, there might be the problem with the layerbreak-position. most burning-apps will set the layerbreak-postion at the real physical end of layer0, which is wrong in most cases. In case you´ve got a disc-image, you should be ready to burn the data.

2. reflection of layer1 of the optical media.
all DVD+/-R-media have a different reflection (lower reflection-output) from the disc, and especially on the 2nd layer. it could result on a problem while re-focussing on the 2nd layer or reading the data.

3. bitrate
high bitrate could also result in playback-issues. it´s highly recomended to use lower bitrates.you should use a max. bitrate of 8,5Mbit/s or less.

should this DVD be replicated?

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]