FORUMS: list search recent posts

Commercial DVD burning - experts required

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caroline Scott
Commercial DVD burning - experts required
on Mar 27, 2015 at 6:36:11 pm

I am editing a DVD together in Final Cut Pro 7 and am looking for the best way to burn my material on to a DVD to sell commercially.

I have three hours worth of footage (so may go on to two disks) and will need a more advance chapter menu then iDVD can give me. There are 11 chapters and each chapter has 4 'modules within it. I need the viewer to be able to either play and entire chapter (with all the modules in it, running continuously after each other) or be able to select the chapter title and a module within it.

Could someone please tell me what the best software is to burn this DVD? Additionally, how do I ensure that customers can't burn the DVD for themselves and give it to all their mates!?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Commercial DVD burning - experts required
on Apr 7, 2015 at 7:36:25 pm

Caroline,
I would do it using Apple DVD Studio Pro or Sonic Scenarist SD. Might also be possible with Encore, but this software is a bigger peace of bugs.

danny

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
Re: Commercial DVD burning - experts required
on Apr 10, 2015 at 9:20:01 am

Any of the main contenders in DVD authoring will be able to do that, Encore/Studio Pro/Scenarist SD, it will be down to the menu design which gives the viewer the various options.
As for Copy Protection on retail DVDs, that was the holy grail which was never really found, all you can say to your client is that your DVD replicator will put on the standard CSS protection.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]