FORUMS: list search recent posts

DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Farhan Ali
DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break
on Mar 23, 2015 at 7:53:41 pm

Hello everyone, I've been using Adobe Encore for the past few months without any issues. But today I decided to create Dual Layer Project for my client. Usually I would be authoring BluRay Images. But today it's something different; Dual Layer.

I was hoping it would be the same procedure but looks like it has proven to be wrong.

Not sure why but after all media assets have been encoded/transcoded and when the final part needs to take place; Burning ISO image I receive an error message: "DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break". It has been set both at "Automatic" & "Manual" yet still the same error message is displayed.

I'm using Adobe Encore CS6.

Can someone please share some light as it's really frustrating.

Thank you.

Farhan Ali

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
Re: DualLayer - This disc requires a layer break
on Mar 23, 2015 at 8:24:33 pm

An ISO-file can not hold any information about the physical place of a layer break.

Andreas Gumm
selfemployed media author

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 23, 2015 at 8:30:10 pm

Hello Andreas Gumm thanks for you're response, I tried all options available, including DVD Folder. Yet still I receive an error message:-

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:29:27 pm

Bump! I'm not trying to spam the forums. I urgently need some help on my problem.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:33:13 pm

I'm not familar with Encore.
Sorry!

I didn't expect that you get that error on building stage.
I was thinking you are faced of it when you try to burn the disk.

Andreas Gumm

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:40:57 pm

We used to have such problems with Encore's handling of layer breaks, that we started using ImgBurn to make them.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/1777-how-to-create-a-double-layer...

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:42:56 pm

That is good advice for already compiled images or VIDEO_TS folders!

Andreas Gumm

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:55:59 pm

@Steve Brame thanks for you're response, sorry to say but I already found the thread you posted before I created this thread. Yes ImgBurn will ONLY do the job when the project files have already been compiled into an image format or structured in VIDEO_TS folders as mentioned by Andreas Gumm

Damn it's annoying when I'm soooooo close of completing the project but little hurdle remains. ;(

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:30:16 pm

Do you have any idea where the layer break is actually placed?
In more advanced authoring tools you have to take care of some things:
If OTP (Opposite Track Path) is set, the first layer (layer 0) MUST be larger than the second one (layer 1)!
Please check that the assets do not run out of legal size, depending on layer break position.

Andreas Gumm

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:04:24 pm

I haven't set any layer breaks myself nor do I know how to apply layer breaks.
Does the layer break depend on the project duration? What should I look out for to apply layer break?

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Mar 26, 2015 at 12:14:34 pm
Last Edited By Steve Brame on Mar 26, 2015 at 12:15:02 pm

I apologize if you have already seen this, but since you stated that you didn't know how to add a layer break, I suspect that you haven't. Scroll down the page to the section titled - 'Specify a layer break for dual-layer DVDs'.

https://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/building-finished-project.html

If possible, you might want to try to add the layer break at a logical break in the video - such as in the middle of a fade to black or at a hard scene change. Sometimes we've experienced a slight jump in the video as the player switches to the 2nd layer at the break, and if this occurs during a black area, it's not as noticeable.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 29, 2015 at 3:02:52 pm
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on Mar 29, 2015 at 3:03:08 pm

Hello Steve Brame thank you very much for reply, I had look on the website you mentioned and I tried both "Manual" * "Automatic" options for applying layer break, unfortunately it wouldn't work and displayed the same error message.

How would I physically apply "Layer Break" onto my project? Sorry for asking noob question just that it's a completely new area for me.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Mar 29, 2015 at 5:20:38 pm

Have you seen this thread?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/400065

If so and it hasn't helped your situation, then maybe you should contact Adobe Support. - however, the Staff person in that thread wasn't much help.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Mar 29, 2015 at 5:29:17 pm

Thanks mate but I already found the website before and wasn't much help ;(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved