FORUMS: list search recent posts

FIRST-TIME HD/DVD recording

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dunwoody Lampton
FIRST-TIME HD/DVD recording
on Feb 5, 2015 at 9:06:25 pm

(Apologize if repetitive.)

With ancient PowerMac G5 and F.C.E. HD 3.5.1, for the first time, I must burn a High Definition DVD from a brief project shot on MiniDV tape in HDV (Sony HVR-HD1000u).

Bundled iDVD obviously does not burn HD discs.

What hardware do I need to obtain to burn HD (and/or BlueRay) DVDs? Is my HDV Apple Intermediate Codec/1080i video file going to transfer to most HD burners without issue?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

David Rehm
Re: FIRST-TIME HD/DVD recording
on Feb 6, 2015 at 4:58:39 am

Are you trying to burn these on standard DVD? There is no high definition DVD. It's either Blu-ray or DVD. Blu-ray is for footage like 720p or 1080p and DVD is for the standard definition video.

I'm and Adobe user so I can't correctly comment on Apple programs.

David

Return to posts index

Dunwoody Lampton
on Feb 6, 2015 at 9:27:21 am

I'll use whatever media is compatible and correct. But first I need the recorder. So I'm seeking knowledge on an HD and/or BlueRay recorder that's compatible with my hardware, software and HDV 1080i/Quicktime video files. Once I get the recorder, then I'll worry about the media.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 6, 2015 at 11:10:00 pm

I do what you want to do all the time.

Firstly I import into my edit system what ever it is you want to put on to DVD (for standard def, as has been explained, you need Blu-Ray for HD).

I make a programme from the media, export it as an Apple ProRes QT .mov file and take that file into BitVice for encoding. I then use Studio Pro to make a .mov from the resulting compressed file and burn the disc in Toast Titanium, all done on a MacPro, (the older one, not the very latest).

For Blu-Ray I can use Toast directly from my exported file, provided it's in HD. All my material is 1920 X 1080i and the discs look great and stand up well even in a cinema.

For burning your DVD's you can use the burner in your Mac, for BD's you'll need a stand alone burner and mine is a Lacie.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]