FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect 6 Audio DVD possible?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Riin Vandermeer
DVD Architect 6 Audio DVD possible?
on Dec 21, 2014 at 10:31:47 pm

Hello, I have a problem with DVD Architect on which I seek counseling after being unable to solve it for some time, and then also unable to find another program I could maybe evade to.
Recently I tried to use the architect in an uncommon way to shape an audio only, like a jukebox DVD. In the past I used either Nero, and later MusicDVDCreator. Now I wanted some shiny menus though, and astute play-/and sub-playlists. ...But it seems DVD Architect is completely incapable of operating without a video, even when you only have either audio or a still picture. This meant that every little 4mb music file I put in there, was suddenly blown up to ridiculous 120mb or so, because the architect automatically generates a black screen "video" that goes with it, and that can't be deleted.
Am I overlooking something, or is this really a hard limit?

In case it is, maybe someone knows of a program that does equal things with the freedom in menus, but doesn't limit the audio capacity. Doesn't have to be freeware of course. Capacity for shininess counts.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD Architect 6 Audio DVD possible?
on Dec 23, 2014 at 9:11:07 pm

DVD Architect and all other DVD authoring software authors the DVD-Video format, which does not support audio-only assets.

You could make a still frame with the title of the music cut and then encode that into one of the reduced bitrate video formats supported by the DVD Spec. For example, if you have a 3:00 music cut, then encode a 3:00 MPEG-1 at 1.0-1.5Mb with your still graphic. This technique would allow 2-8 hours of content on a DVD, depending on the audio format chosen.

Your menus would be built same as on a conventional video DVD.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]