FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should my BD be 480P?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Should my BD be 480P?
on Aug 28, 2014 at 6:26:46 pm

We cut on FC then burn to Blu-ray Disc using Toast 9 using the default Blu-ray Disc settings at the highest quality. When I playback the Blu-ray Disc on a tabletop player, it says it's 480P. Is that what it should be? If not, is there a way to tell Toast 9 to do it at 1080P? Also since it's at 480P, I tried playing it on an SD DVD player but it doesn't play. Any help is appreciated. Tx

Thomas H

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Should my BD be 480P?
on Sep 10, 2014 at 6:51:25 am

I'm going to ask the obvious since you mentioned you also tried to play a BD disc in a DVD player. How is your BD player connected to your monitor/tv?

Return to posts index

Thomas Hughes
on Sep 10, 2014 at 4:53:38 pm

Thanks William. The BD player is connected by component connections (It's an older monitor, doesn't have HDMI). But I don't think that's relevant because when I play the BD on the BD player, then press the status button on the BD player remote, it displays "480P" on the screen. That indicates to me that the BD is 480P. Right?

Thomas H

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Sep 10, 2014 at 5:25:00 pm

Not necessarily. Most likely it means your monitor's component connection is only 480p. Use some software like MediaInfo to check and confirm the BD's attributes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]