FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best workflow for 24P files in Adobe Encore?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Kasprzyk
Best workflow for 24P files in Adobe Encore?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 2:38:36 pm

Hello, I have two digital files from clients that need to be authored into Blu ray discs with subtitles. The problem is that the films are both 24fps, but I'm not entirely sure that their subtitle files are as well. Encore was giving me the "Timecode overlap found in subtitle script line" upon importing the ST files, which I understand to be an incompatible frame rate error since the original file did not show TC overlap. I used Subtitle Workshop to convert the files to 23.97, which allowed me to import without error but now they drift.

To confuse the matter, I still need to transcode the digital files. Should I transcode the video files to 29.97 first, reimport and hope the ST files match up? Encode at 24P and see if the files line up? Hand code everything to match in Encore and then encode to...?

I'm at a loss and since transcoding takes so long I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to get this done. Any insight you can provide would be helpful. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
Re: Best workflow for 24P files in Adobe Encore?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 3:32:37 pm
Last Edited By Andreas Gumm on Aug 25, 2014 at 4:15:52 pm

What country is the BD intended for?
If the BD is intended for playback in former NTSC countries just apply a slow down to 23.976 progressive frames. Otherwise you can stay with 24p. You should conform the subtitle track first to the desired frame rate by using a low resolution video file in a proper subtitle editor before you use the script in any authoring tool.

Andreas Gumm
selfemployed media author

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Best workflow for 24P files in Adobe Encore?
on Sep 3, 2014 at 7:38:19 am

sorry andreas, but this is not correct.

BD-spec is quite clear about this: 1080p23.98, 1080p24 and 1080i29.98

if you´re in a PAL-land you can also use 1080i25 (mandatory for PAL-countries).

IF your authoring with encore cs6 you´ll find the straight 1080p24 as transcoding-setting for BD within the NTSC-framerate as well.

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]