FORUMS: list search recent posts

Customer can't read BluRay

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Customer can't read BluRay
on Jul 20, 2014 at 12:49:50 pm

One of my customers - with a recent BluRay player - cannot read the BluRay disc I burned for him. I checked the build and sent a fresh copy with the same result. The disc works on my three computer-based BluRay players and my domestic Panasonic player as well as on that of another customer (where I used the disc for demo purposes).

Can anyone suggest anything to look at? I was thinking of asking him to try to run a firmware upgrade on his player, though if it's recent.. He claims he's been unable to play the disc on two other players so I'm rather baffled.

I should say that I've had no complaints from other customers.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Customer can't read BluRay
on Jul 21, 2014 at 7:08:38 am

you should ask your customer about the name of the manifacturer...maybe that could give you a clue!

bu the way - which programm did you use for BD-authoring?

standalone-player could act very different - I have a panasonic, sony and philips stand-alone-player over here (2D + 3D). I figured out that especially sony and panasonic could react different and so you´ll get a good QC if you have both of them.

danny

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Jul 21, 2014 at 7:30:42 am

Hi Danny, thanks for your response: I used DVDA to create the disc. Yes,- I did ask him about the make of player. I've tried it with a sixth device and all is well but this was also a Panasonic. I hear you about having more models for quality control,- but what do you do if the Sony - say - doesn't like the burn but the others do?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:30:44 pm

Hey Dave,
I double-check my authoring-work...

sometimes sony vs panasonic interpreting IG-graphics in a different way, so you need to have a look for some of the IG-commands agian to take care they would work on both of them.

that´s what I do...

what kind of BD did you create? BD25 or BD50? I know a few older players, that doesn´t like both - only replicated ones.

I also had a brand new panasonic BD3D-player that doesn´t exept BD-R/BD-RE after 3 month. appears to be a laser-problem within some players.... :(

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]