FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray Menu Soft and Blurry

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nickoy Miller
Blu Ray Menu Soft and Blurry
on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:24:43 pm

Good Night,

I have been having a very disturbing problem with encore these last two days I hope someone may be able to help me.

I normally create dvd menus in encore without any problems but because of an order from a customer I did this project in Blu Ray.

I imported my videos set up my buttons and everything plays back smoothly when I test it.

So I built the project and saved it as an image file. After it is complete and I play back in my Blu Ray Player the menu appears soft and blurry while the video is sharp and crisp.

Does anyone has any idea why this is happening. My Blu Ray Menu were exported from after effects as mv2 and they are very sharp and crisp.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Blu Ray Menu Soft and Blurry
on Jul 18, 2014 at 2:20:58 pm

[Nickoy Miller] "My Blu Ray Menu were exported from after effects as mv2 and they are very sharp and crisp."

m2v is the format for DVD, which is SD. You need to export an HD file out of After Effects (use Animation or ProRes at 1920 x 1080).

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Nickoy Miller
Re: Blu Ray Menu Soft and Blurry
on Jul 18, 2014 at 2:39:05 pm

Thanks Gary

But I solved the problem. Hope this may help others.

I didn't have to do anything to my m2v 1920x1080 files. After checking my sources folder I realize my menu was 720x480 instead of being 1920x1080.

There are no settings under the menu option in Encore to correct this, what I had to do was to create a blank document in photoshop with the correct size (1920x1080) then in Encore go to file-import as-menu and select the photoshop file.

This create a blank menu in Encore with the correct size and when I built the image and played back everything was ok.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]