FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac DVD/Blu-ray Authoring?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scot Walker
Mac DVD/Blu-ray Authoring?
on Jun 18, 2014 at 7:39:52 pm

Hey, everyone.

I'm an indie filmmaker and I still need to create DVDs and Blu-ray discs with menus and chapters.

Since Apple and Adobe have dropped their authoring applications, what would you recommend for the Mac? I've seen some inexpensive apps that have built-in buttons, built-in menu backgrounds, no chapters. I need the custom menu ability with custom buttons and chapters.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steven Love
Re: Mac DVD/Blu-ray Authoring?
on Jun 18, 2014 at 7:59:22 pm

I still use Encore CS6 which I believe can still be downloaded via CC. I Installed 2 Bluray burners in my Mac Pro. With a combo of using Photoshop and After Effects I have been able to create some impressive Bluray discs!

Mac Pro 8-core 2.26 Nahlem, 16GB of RAM, ATI 4870HD, 4TB & 4TB RAID 0
17" MacBook Pro 2.2ghz quad core i7 8gb of ram 500gb 7200rpm HD 1gb video card

Return to posts index

Scot Walker
on Jun 18, 2014 at 8:14:49 pm

I've read that it is not available on CC anymore. They axed it.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Jun 18, 2014 at 11:56:12 pm

Hi Scott - Up until (apparently VERY) recently, you could still download Premiere CS6, which included Encore as part of the installer. I did it just a few weeks ago without any problems. I would talk to Adobe and see if they will still let you download it as part of a CC subscription. This will probably be your best bet for what you are looking for.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:36:34 pm

best advice would be to install a bootcamp and then EasyBD...

http://www.dvd-logic.com/easybd/

so you would have all options to create professional working BDs, but thereĀ“s also a learning-curve.

danny

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jun 20, 2014 at 10:13:38 am

I encode and burn BD's in Titanium Toast Pro and they look great. I use a stand alone Lacie BD burner through a MacPro. I don't need menus and chapters but I'm sure that I've seen reference to these functions in Toast.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]