FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD menu structure problem with transitions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Haymond
DVD menu structure problem with transitions
on Jun 18, 2014 at 1:55:14 am

Hi there,

I am creating a basic DVD menu structure with a main menu and a four-page scene selection menu. The main menu is the only one with music. It starts with an animated intro before the buttons appear. However, when the menu loops, I want the music to start at the beginning, but with no animation (i.e. the buttons appear right away). How can I do this? As it stands, I can set a loop point after the animated intro, but the problem with that is that when the menu loops, the music starts abruptly mid-way through the piece instead of starting at the beginning. I tried creating a secondary Main Menu that the scene selection menus link to, but this still does not solve the looping problem of the menu with the animated transition. I know it is possible, because I have seen many commercial DVDs with an animated transition and music, and NO PAUSE between the transition and main menu.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: DVD menu structure problem with transitions
on Jun 18, 2014 at 2:57:36 pm

David,

The best way to accomplish this is to have two separate videos. The first is the intro that transitions to the menu, all as one file. That version only plays the very first time after inserting the disc. The end action for that file is to play a different version, which is JUST the menu with the music as you desire it. Any "Menu" call should be routed to the second version, with just the menu.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

David Haymond
Re: DVD menu structure problem with transitions
on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:01:12 pm

Thanks for your advice, Rob. That makes a lot of sense.

I am using DVD Architect Pro, which does not give me the option to specify a menu for the end action. The only options I have are Loop, Hold, and Activate Button. Should I just create a hidden button on the menu pointing to the secondary menu, and set the end action to activate that button?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]