FORUMS: list search recent posts

One Lost Noob

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
I.G. Romov
One Lost Noob
on Jun 13, 2014 at 6:10:40 pm

OK. I admit it. Lost and confusted. Totally. It appears as though companies view the future of "hard media", e.g. Blu-Ray as already dead so products that used to produce same, e.g. Encore, are also dead. Don't really have a problem with that but simply do not understand where the equivalent menu creating software comes in (or maybe just goes out with streaming). In other words, I never thought too much of separating delivery method from "feature stuff". I realized it enough to know that I DON'T stream movies because there is no way to get what amounts to Extras that can come on discs, i.e. there is no menu in the stream movie world that I know of. Does this great revolution mean that menus are thus a thing of the past? In other words, what software is available that allows one to "create a menu driven blu -ray dvd" but allow it to be output in any format, particularly those most commonly used in streaming? Since this is likely an extreme show of ignorance, skin is thick so fire away. Oh, and if you have any suggestions about a good replacement for Encore, arms are wide open welcome!

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: One Lost Noob
on Jun 13, 2014 at 6:39:45 pm

Encore will author a Flash version of a DVD or Blu-Ray, menus and all. There is a myriad of pre-designed web based menu options for playing videos on a site.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jun 20, 2014 at 10:19:02 am

You are not alone in your confusion! I simply don't believe that the industry can kill off discs as clearly they want to (particularly Apple). The general public still like to be handed a disc, be it BD or DVD, that they can play at home on a decent TV screen. Little old ladies (and men!), don't want to, and can't, download files. Files are fine for us working with video, but when it comes to distribution I think that discs will be with us for quite some years.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

I.G. Romov
on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:57:40 pm

In the continuing pursuit of what is now appearing to be a minority concern, i.e. the availability of Extras in a streamed environment, Mediazilla was discovered. Mediazilla addresses the concern by offering "Present professional videos to your clients with online Blu-ray menus and eliminate the hassle of discs, drives, and other delivery methods." Their secret? You create the DVD using their software; it's not going to be Blu Ray formatted for good reason but it does begin to answer the question of how to get a menu driven Blu Ray quality DVD available for streaming. No, ain't an employee and no, don't get no compense for this note; just reporting on technology advances.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]