FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any options for resolutions between SD and HD??

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Wiley
Any options for resolutions between SD and HD??
on May 24, 2014 at 3:37:28 am

I'm never used Blu-ray before but I know it's for high definition video. I know DVD is for standard definition video.

Here is my question: since my projector is an XGA and has a native resolution of 1024x768, is it possible to burn my 1024x768 video to a Blu-ray disk? It's too big for a DVD but is it too small for Blu-ray? Essentially, I want to be able to play my video (which is between SD and HD) from a disk and not lose the resolution. Is that even possible? There is nothing for the "in-between" resolutions so I'm trying to come up with a solution. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
Re: Any options for resolutions between SD and HD??
on May 24, 2014 at 5:03:26 am

What's your player? If you're using a Blu-ray player, you need to make a proper Blu-ray disc, at a proper Blu-ray resolution. 1280x720 is certainly an option, but nothing intermediate between that an SD. I would assume if you have a BD player that will connect to this kind of projector, it would do the downscaling. Most BD players today don't have analog output, but most older ones will do YPrPb if not VGA.

On the other hand, if you're playing from a computer or tablet, you can pretty much create any old resolution you like. But of course, you'll need an older laptop if you're connecting to a VGA projector. And of course, the PC will do the video size conversion on the fly for that screen type.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Bob Wiley
Re: Any options for resolutions between SD and HD??
on May 24, 2014 at 5:51:14 am

I don't have a Blu-ray player (yet). I'm just trying to look for options. The Blu-ray player would hook directly to the projector. So you're saying that 1280x720 is the lowest resolution that can be burned to a Blu-ray DVD? My video file resolution is 1024x768 (to match my XGA projector), but I could render at 1280x720 if that would do the trick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]