FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automated DVD / Label authoring?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Humphrey
Automated DVD / Label authoring?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 10:02:55 pm

Hi all, I'm throwing myself on the collective wisdom and hope you can come back with better results than some frustrating google searches.

Is there anything out there that will take a source file(s) and generate a DVD with chapters along with a label and case insert? It doesn't need to be fancy, but some minimal customization would be nice.

I have a client who needs an enormous amount of material archived and converted to DVD. So I'm looking at ingesting hundreds and hundreds of individual videos. Their requirements (which are out of their and my hands) are that each one goes to a playable disc with the proper information/chapters printed on the disc and case insert.

I ran a couple packages, RocketDVD and DVD SelectNet, but in both cases the companies appear to be defunct and out of date.

I'd appreciate any leads you can offer. The thought of doing several hundred of these manually, one by one, is discouraging.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Automated DVD / Label authoring?
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:52:39 am

No.....DVD authoring takes time. With a little planning and template set up in encore or DVDSP, it shouldn't be that mind numbing ;)

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Automated DVD / Label authoring?
on May 8, 2014 at 1:52:01 pm

Hi Ryan,

RocketDVD would've been ideal, it did exactly what you want. Too much of a niche market though is probably why they didn't last. Their website is still up, but does seem to be inactive. Have you attempted to call or email them just for kicks?

Just come up with a template for what you want to accomplish to streamline as much as possible and run with it.

It could certainly save you time if you can capture directly to a DVD format. The Matrox MXO2 Mini hardware offers the option to capture SD video direct to an .m2v file which can then be authored in Encore without additional rendering. This is versus capturing video, then encoding to MPEG-2 in another pass before authoring. Of course the MPEG-2 direct capture assumes NO editing will take place, just direct archiving.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]