FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Avid to DVD it/Sonic just ain't working the way I want

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Meigel
From Avid to DVD it/Sonic just ain't working the way I want
on Mar 17, 2014 at 1:30:39 pm

I have created 7 separate 30 minute 16x9 SD video segments on Media Composer 7 (a trial issue)on my new PC and I am using that Media Composer 7 (a trial issue) to output the 7 separate 30 minute 16x9 SD video segments. The segments are completed, video and audio are mixed down on their own individual time line. A MPEG2 file from Avid is about 10GB, so I am trying to bring that down in Avid using various compressions, including MPEG4, which seems to be the best, but not really great video quality. I am using MPEG4 because it is compadible with the "my DVD" from Sonic authoring program I have. I would like to put maybe 2 or 3 of these programs on one DVD. It's not a "must", it's more of a "wish". I understand about, but am not totally clear on, the whole video compression process. Also I downloaded a trial version of Sorensen Squeeze and now I am really confused because I squeezed one program as MPEG2 at about 500 megabit/ and it looked like crap but at 1100 megabit it is a bigger file (3.5+ gb) and ok quality. This is where I get fuzzy, if I output from Avid as an MPEG2, should I then put it Squeeze to make it a smaller or should I use the "Sorensen Squeeze encode for DVD" export option in Avid, then try to manipulate Sorensen (myDVD by Sonic doesn't like .M2V files)then put that into my DVD by Sonic? And the kicker is that today is when my Avid trial runs out so I gotta get stuff out pronto

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: From Avid to DVD it/Sonic just ain't working the way I want
on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:42:41 pm

Jim,
DVD is MPEG2 SD only and NO H264 by spec. what you wish to do is possible if you are talking about 7 x 30min videos with a stereo audio-track.

if you are authoring a DVD-9 this would lead to approx. 4.7Mbit/s target-bitrate, which is not very good quality.

and: eport your SD-video "same as source" from avid and then encode it to MPEG2 using squeeze prior authoring.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]