FORUMS: list search recent posts

1024 x 576i on DVD (PAL)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
1024 x 576i on DVD (PAL)
on Mar 7, 2014 at 8:10:15 am

I need to burn some footage shot in 1080p25 then reconverted to 1024 x 576. I then want it to be interlaced for graphic animation purposes, so my final output will suit pal 576i50. Are there any limitations? Also, what software(s) will I need.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: 1024 x 576i on DVD (PAL)
on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:38:20 pm

Hi John,

What NLE software do you work with? DVD authoring package? Mac or PC?

Please understand that if your video was shot as progressive (1080p), then there are no fields, only frames. Sure, you can output as 576i, but the result is that both fields will be the same. You can't create true interlaced results from a progressive source. So not sure what you mean by wanting interlaced DVD for "graphic animation" purposes.

You can create a DVD as "PAL Wide Progressive" and that would be most suitable to the source material. Most displays are now progressive natively anyway (flat panels).

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Mar 8, 2014 at 12:17:04 am
Last Edited By John Mark on Mar 8, 2014 at 12:23:41 am

[Jeff Pulera] "What NLE software do you work with? DVD authoring package? Mac or PC?
"

I am working with After Effects. Have not got any DVD authoring package software, recommend any? . I will be using MAC for all my video editing.

[Jeff Pulera] "You can't create true interlaced results from a progressive source. So not sure what you mean by wanting interlaced DVD for "graphic animation" purposes."

Basically, my video source is P, however my motion graphics (text, lower thirds, supers) will be true 50 fields per second. So, for the purpose of my "motion graphics" I want to render in 576i. (These motion graphics will be placed on-top of my video and rendered out in 1024 by 576i, then hopefully burnt on a DVD)

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 20, 2014 at 11:35:53 am

I'm shooting 1920 X 1080i on a Sony EX 1. Edit in ProRes 422 HQ and use BitVice to encode for my DVD's. I get great pictures from this software, the downscale from HD to SD in BitVice is first class.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]