FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing VOB files in a DVD img

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ri Stewart
Replacing VOB files in a DVD img
on Mar 6, 2014 at 6:28:40 pm

A client of mine recently received the rights back from a large distributor for a very complex multi disc, multi side DVD set.

I was able to pull a disc image from the individual discs/sides - but I need to replace a few bumpers, warnings, etc.

I attempted to do this with the same length of file in DVD Studio Pro (Are they ever going to upgrade this?) and while the bumpers show as replaced, when they start to play, they lock up the DVD player.

This is a nasty hack, but would save thousands in recreation to get it back in distribution. Are there any recommendations the herd may have?

Thanks

ri

bluedot productions
http://www.bluedotproductions.com

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
Re: Replacing VOB files in a DVD img
on Mar 6, 2014 at 7:26:02 pm

This can be done together with DVD-Reauthor Pro & Scenarist SD.
DVD-Reauthor Pro de-compiles the disc & creates a Scenarist project file if the disc is according to the spec.
The assets can be exchanged or removed then in Scenarist.

I do not see a proper solution together with DVD-Studio Pro since it's a abstraction layer tool.

Andreas

Return to posts index

Ri Stewart
on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:38:51 pm

Thank you for your reply Andreas. I'm looking for authoring houses that use this software now.

Best

ri

bluedot productions
http://www.bluedotproductions.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 7, 2014 at 8:47:57 pm

I´m still using DVD Afteredit Mastering Edition, but I´m based in germany.

maybe you can call Robin or Larry from Rivergate Software, they might be able to giv e you a hand on the project.

danny

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 7, 2014 at 2:16:01 am
Last Edited By eric pautsch on Mar 7, 2014 at 2:19:54 am

I made a nice living for about a year doing this back in the day for distributors with After Edit. Doubt you'll find anyone here that will do this....and very unlikely you will find a house which will either. This kind of stuff is done by hobbyist now days.

Id head over to videohelp.com and ask there. Maybe you'll find someone to help you out

There are a couple guys on these boards who use After Edit still....maybe they will help out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]