FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is a good program to use to get footage off of a DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Collins
What is a good program to use to get footage off of a DVD?
on Feb 14, 2014 at 3:01:32 pm

Often times I get handed a DVD from a client (or any number of other sources) and have to get the footage off it. Granted that the DVD isn’t protected, I put the disc into my DVD player and then record it to DV Tape via a VTR. From there, I capture it to my editing program (now Premiere, previously Final Cut). The captured footage comes in as an AVI. In order to expedite my work flow, I was wondering what program works best to get the footage off of a DVD that keeps the quality at a high level. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: What is a good program to use to get footage off of a DVD?
on Feb 14, 2014 at 3:32:30 pm

Not sure what version of PPro you have, but recent versions have been able to import DVD format(TS or VOB)files directly. Of course you first need to copy them from the DVD to your media drive.

Here's a great explanation of which files are which.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/464549

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Jonathan Frank
on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:50:08 pm

I've had great success with a cinematize Pro, which released an hd version that also pulls from Bluray. Love that you can fine tune in/out points and choose a variety of output formats and levels of quality. http://miraizon.com

Return to posts index

eric quao
on Apr 23, 2015 at 7:43:07 pm

Johnathan Frank,

Thanks for the info on the software...I also, wold come across this problem often...thanks

Lean something new everyday...

Eric Quao

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]