FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring for BluRay

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
izzy qu
DVD Authoring for BluRay
on Feb 10, 2014 at 8:21:39 pm

Hi

I'm new and have the most basic and common question. Ive started a videography company and looking for a simple drag and drop DVD authoring software on the market. At present I'm using Toast Titanium but its very basic with boring menu etc.

Looking for a software which makes it simple to design and have some animation.

Any advice will be appreciated

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: DVD Authoring for BluRay
on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:45:31 am

There's not much on the Mac side other than Adobe Encore, and it's not exactly a drag-and-drop process. Custom menu creation is possible but you'll have to use other applications like Photoshop and After Effects. In case you aren't aware, Toast does allow you to use custom menu backgrounds.

Another piece of advice: don't say DVD when you mean Blu-ray - they are two different things.

Return to posts index

eric quao
on Apr 23, 2015 at 7:53:15 pm

Gary,

I am new as well. I would like to know two things

1. what version software of toast allows you to add custom menu backgrounds.

2. Are there any good books or magazines for beginning editors?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 24, 2015 at 8:30:16 pm

Hey Guys,
the topic is a bit strange! DVD authoring or blu-ray authoring?! there is no DVD authoring for blu-ray as these are two different physical media.

and same is with the authoring: if you would like to create professional DVDs you should look for a DVD-authoring-application, if you would like to do BD-authoring, then you need a BD-authoring-application!

there are some applications, that could do basic authoring of both of them, for example toast or (more capable) adobe encore.

more options possible as well.

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]