FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Digibeta NTSC to PAL DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cabalismo L'e
From Digibeta NTSC to PAL DVD
on Dec 6, 2013 at 9:48:26 pm

Hi guys im very new in this, bare with me please.

My question is i have a master from movie company (digibeta) what equipment do i need to get it digitalize??
will sony j30 and blackmagic DeckLink SDI will do the job? (planning to get them of ebay)

Im looking for highest video quality as the dvd will hit the shops

what output do i need if im going to authorize the dvd in adobe encore
I need all the help i can get . so please help me out..

thank u ..

Return to posts index

Joe Walker
Re: From Digibeta NTSC to PAL DVD
on Dec 8, 2013 at 10:25:45 pm

Capture ProRes 422 HQ or Uncompressed. Then run through Adobe Media Encoder or Compressor using the "DVD" presets that match your captures (widescreen 23.98, etc.) You should be able to author and master the DVD in Encore or DVD Studio Pro without either program re-encoding the m2v files that the encoders create.

DON'T CAPTURE DV. It's crap and will encode even crappier. You want clean high quality sources for encoding. Also, don't let the authoring software encode (or re-encode) your sources. It will look awful.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Cabalismo L'e
on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:12:08 am

so media encoder will get me the highest quality on the picture??
what about Cinema Craft Encoder ?

Return to posts index

Joe Walker
on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:22:07 pm

Media Encoder or Compressor will give you a really good encode for an "off-the-shelf" software package.

If you have the money for Cinema Craft or already own a copy, by all means use it. It's the industry standard for the big studios.

Return to posts index

Cabalismo L'e
on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:47:22 pm
Last Edited By Cabalismo L'e on Dec 9, 2013 at 4:19:36 pm

is there any difference in quality coming from sony j3sdi and sony j30sdi ?

So it should go like this: Capture ProRes 422 HQ or Uncompressed (which format one u recomend ?)from digibeta sony sdi , encode Capture ProRes 422 HQ or Uncompressed to mpg2 in Cinema Craft Encoder and then author it in encore. dont let the authoring app do any more encoding.

i have acees to CINEMA CRAFT ® Encoder SP3 version 1.3.0.3 will that do ? or are there any better software encoders out there ??

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
on Jan 7, 2014 at 4:23:30 pm

Cinemacraft is great. That's what I use.

I've had some trouble with Adobe Media Encoder - it's blazing fast and makes good image quality at high bit rates, but I've had it drop in occasional nearby frames out of order, requiring careful viewing of all encoded video to catch those. So, I've returned to Compressor with Cinemacraft for M2Vs that I'm going to release to others. (I use AME for quick scratch encodes for setting up my authoring projects, especially when I'm still waiting for final assets.)

Hope this helps.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]