Blu-Ray to DVD correct workflow

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Minou Lebé
Blu-Ray to DVD correct workflow
on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:29:49 am
Last Edited By Minou Lebé on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:20:06 am

Hello,

I'm trying to optimize my workflow and would like to pick your brains if you have a little bit of time to help me .

Sofar the source is a Sony Z5 camera outputting 1440x1080i50 on the HDMI port. Then it's tranformed in SDI with a converter, then it's carried with optical fibre, reconverted to SDI and recorded to Blu-Ray with a JVC 2500.

When i want to convert the Blu-Ray to DVD i usually take the .mt2s file and convert it with Visualhub or Burn.

My biggest problem is with interlace artifacts and final quality. I've tried many different ways to convert but cant get those artifacts out of the picture.

Any help is really appreciated !

Thanks

Return to posts index

James Kumorek
Re: Blu-Ray to DVD correct workflow
on Nov 23, 2013 at 12:07:31 pm

I work in NTSC and not PAL, so these ideas may not be relevant...

First, will the camera do progressive instead of interlaced? Shooting 25p and converting to DVD resolution in interlaced should look fine. That's what my normal HD to DVD workflow is and it's always produced excellent results.

Another thing gto try is rendering your DVD video file as upper field first. The default for DVD is lower field first, but upper field first is also valid, and will match the HD media better.

I hope one of those helps!

Return to posts index

Minou Lebé
Re: Blu-Ray to DVD correct workflow
on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:23:07 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the camera can output 25p. I can choose between : Interlaced 25, Interlaced 50 (it's the current setting) and Progressive 25.

I'll check the "upper field" preference and try it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]