FORUMS: list search recent posts

Incompatible format

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David McGowan
Incompatible format
on Nov 16, 2013 at 11:33:00 pm

I am trying to improve the picture quality of my video on a DVD created through DVD Studio Pro. I compressed the video from FCP through Compressor by using the "DVD>DVD Best Quality 90 minutes" setting but was disappointed in the results. I then used "Formats>MPEG-2>Elementary Stream" as an Output. The results were much better than "DVD Best Quality 90 minutes" but when I tried to import it to DVD Studio Pro, I got an "Incompatible Format" prompt despite that it has the same file extension, .m2v.
Any suggestions of how I can either import the new file or some alternative method other than "DVD Best Quality 90 minutes"? The video is 14 minutes long.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Incompatible format
on Nov 17, 2013 at 6:49:57 pm

David,
you need to create your own preset. therefor your should start with the plus(+)-button on the right hand side of the settings-tab below, select MPEG2, and set stream usage to SD DVD.

the elementary-stream-setting you´ve used befor is a generic one, that creating "out-of-spec" MPEGs that wont work with DVD.

if your source is HD, you will see how horrible SD will look at the end.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

David McGowan
on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:34:55 am

Thanks Dan. Can I select "HD DVD" for the stream usage in Settings? The video was shot in a mix of HDV and with a DSLR.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 18, 2013 at 5:09:23 am

David,
HD DVD is a dead end format - it died 3-4 years ago, and also not valid for SD DVD.

all you can use is an SD DVD setting.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]