FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Advice on burning 100 Blu-Rays from an Apple.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Murphy
Need Advice on burning 100 Blu-Rays from an Apple.
on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:04:37 pm

Hi

I am looking to burn 100 screeners of my 90 minute feature film to send out to critics , from my Mac. I know I will need a Blu-ray burner but I am not sure which one would be best and burn the discs the fastest. From what I have read it seems like Toast would be the best program to use to do the burn, agree?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best,
J

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Need Advice on burning 100 Blu-Rays from an Apple.
on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:13:43 pm

Well, as far as burners go, you will have to connect a stand alone burner to your MacPro, I use the Lacie but I'm sure any of the others will do. As to speed, I don't think we can have any control over that but there may be a commercial set up in a production house that can do it faster.

I use Titanium Toast Pro 11 to encode and burn my BD's and they're great. I presume that you have your film as a QT .mov file and I just drag the file into Toast. Burning 100 DVD's though - wow, don't you want them pressed and duplicated?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 29, 2013 at 7:01:17 am

it wont be a good idea to replicate 100 BDs, as there are a lot additional costs, especially the AACS-copy-protection-costs.

if you would like to burn it on your own, be sure to have quality-media like verbatim or tayo juden.

danny

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Oct 1, 2013 at 5:56:43 pm

To burn 100 Blu-ray discs, either send the job to a post house to burn duplicates or purchase a Blu-ray duplicator tower. A 4-burner tower probably would be cost-effective for a job this size. A tower with an internal hard drive can store the disc image, allowing all drives to burn discs.

I would not think of burning BD-R discs one at a time.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]