FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Authoring Question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Godina
Blu-Ray Authoring Question
on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:42:04 am

Finally gonna make the jump to Blu-Ray!

I use a Canon XA 10 and shoot all my footage in 1080p. I then download and use MPEG stream clip to down convert my footage to 720p for output to DVD.

My question is, since I will be outputting to Blu Ray, do I need to do anything else to the footage (convert) once I download it straight from my camera?

What settings should the footage have for blu-ray?

When I download the footage from my camera using FCP the footage has the following settings:

1920x1080
Apple Pro Res 422 (LT), Linear PCM, Timecode
Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Blu-Ray Authoring Question
on Sep 19, 2013 at 9:59:06 pm

Youre asking a very broad question :)

Why are you going from 1080 to 720p for DVD?

What authoring app are you using? Have you gone through the tutorials for it?

Return to posts index

Robert Godina
on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:23:50 pm

Sorry, let me clarify.

I do weddings and I normally deliver on DVD but i want to start offering on Blu-Ray. I can figure out how to burn to Blu-Ray, etc. but I just wanted to know if I need to do anything else to my 1080p footage once downloaded from my camera. My footage is AVCHD 1080p and I download it using the Apple Pro Res 422 (LT) codec. I can probably use the footage right away but I was wondering if it would be choppy or hard to edit.

I use Final Cut Studio. I will probably use Encore to build the menus and burn to Blu-Ray.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:24:51 am

For what it's worth (and Eric will probably rubbish me), I export my ProRes 1920 X 1080i timeline from my edit as a QT ProRes 422 .mov and just drag that .mov file into Titanium Toast Pro 11. That then does all the encoding (takes a while) and then it burns my BD. For this I connect a stand alone BD burner to my MacPro. I get absolutely brilliant BD's, the best I've seen, no idea how or why but that's what happens!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 21, 2013 at 10:34:53 pm

not eric, but I do! ;)

seriously - toast is a good alternative to a lot programms (and for very simple BDs).

its using one of the best encoding-algorithms under its surface:
mainconcept encoder.

but this is no real BD-authoring-tool. I prefer BD-spec-authoring like scenarist or EasyBD.

chees

danny

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Sep 22, 2013 at 2:59:14 am

Just encode 1920x1080p in Media Encoder and bring into Encore

I don't rubbish people anymore....turned over a new leaf. :)

Seriously though....your best bet is to follow the 100s of video tutorials on YouTube

I've heard of people using the AVC streams straight from the camera but I would advise against that to make sure your streams are compliant

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:24:51 am

Daniel, I appreciate that I'm only encoding for straight viewing of a production, no menus or fancy graphics. For me Toast is fine but I do know that there are better, more commercially versatile programmes.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]